Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Blog Title, New Meaning

Well everyone (and by everyone, I mean all 6 of you), it's been over 6 months since my last post. What can I say? My last post was just so.... um.... deep... that I couldn't figure out anything to top it?? Or, I just got bored and busy, and didn't care to write anything else. Plus, I didn't really like blogging on my fiance'/wife's laptop... so, being that she's such a sweet, awesome chick, she hooked a husband up with THIS:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Wife totally hooked it up! So, I with the wonderful gift that I have now received, it should make it a little easier to blog and keep up with the world! I'm not gonna lie.... it's a pretty sexy laptop. :)

So, on a completely different note, you're probably wondering why I changed my blog name, and address. Well, there's a couple of reasons actually:

1 - ramlingsofarandomrambler was really long, and confusing, which is probably the main reason that not many people followed my blog. Heck, I forgot the name of it sometimes, and had to go look it up in my browser history.

2 - It was time for a change in general. I really wanted to give my blog a newer, more "grown up" look. So, naturally, when someone wants to make a change, the wise thing to do is solicit the help of an expert. I just so happen to be fortunate enough to live with a blogging legend/blog layout expert. Seriously, she's the bomb at blogs, so she helped me with the new look. And by help, I mean I told her a general idea of what I wanted, and she created the awesomeness that is now my new blog! Yay

 3 - final winter has meaning. My new blog name is a reference to my first real live rock band that I played in right out of high school. We were called final winter, and we were what you would refer to as a Christian rock band who thought we were going to change the world. But, we were all like 19/20 and sucked really bad. But we had TONS of fun. The name final winter signified an attitude that we wanted to project as a band, and people in general. Winter is symbolic of cold, dreary, dark, and in some parts gloomy. But winter also is the prequel to a new beginning. It's symbolic of a new life in Christ. As new believers, we are in a spring time, and we've lived our final cold/dreary winter. We are a new creation, like fresh buds on a tree. It's new, and fresh.

We had a good time. I played rock music with 2 of my best friends in the whole world Who wouldn't love that? We didn't care how off key we were, how loud we were... We just played music we loved in a cold garage in the middle of the woods. To this day, I still wish I could go back sometimes and just hang out in that time. But, that's all part of growing up. We all moved on, got married, and lead our own lives. Still best friends, just live far away from each other.



But, we'll always have the Roxy....

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Awwww....the Roxy!!